Osmunda regalis in early spring as first fronds appear
Extreme macro - clusters of spores (sporangia) fern Osmunda 'regalis'
Macro - clusters of spores (sporangia) fern Osmunda 'regalis'
Hart's tongue fern uncurling (Asplenium scolopendrium)
Spring has arrived!
Protecting the jungle tree ferns
Fern Osmunda 'regalis' with spore-bearing fertile leaves (fronds)
Fern Osmunda 'regalis' spore-bearing fertile leaves (fronds) before full opening
Osmunda 'regalis' fern in autumn
Most of our plants survived the winter....but sadly not the tree ferns when temperatures fell as low as minus 15C.
Evening sun in the jungle
Ferns we have planted during re-landscaping includes
- Adiantum aleuticum imbricatum (Maidenhair Fern)
- Asplenium scolopendrium (Hart's Tongue Fern)
- Asplenium scolopendrium ‘Augustifolia’ (Cut Leaved Hart’s Tongue Fern)
- Asplenium scolopendrium 'Furcata (Split Crest Hart's-tongue Fern)
- Asplenium scolopendrium ‘Cristatum’ (‘Crested Hart’s Tongue’)
- Athyrium niponicum ‘Metallicum’ (Japanese Painted Fern)
- Athyrium niponicum pictum (Japanese Painted Fern)
- Athyrium Otophorum Okanum (English Painted Fern
- Auriculate Lady Fern, Asian Lady Fern) ugo 'Varella' (Dwarf Swiss Mountain Pine)
- Cyrtomium fortunei (Japanese Holly Fern)
- Dryopteris affinis ‘Cristata the King’ (bifurcated)
- Dryopteris affinis ‘Cristata Augusta’
- Dryopteris atrata (Dryopteris cycadina, ‘Shaggy Shield Fern’)
- Dryopteris atrata Buckler Fern
Dryopteris erythrosora (Japanese Buckler Fern)
- Dryopteris erythrosora ‘Prolifera’
- Polystichum polybepharum (JapaneseTassel Fern)
- Polystichum setiferum “Wollastonii’ (Wollastons Soft Shield Fern')
- Osmunda regalis (Royal Fern)
- Tasmanian Tree fern (Dicksonia Antarctica)
Four Seasons Sitemap
- Our garden
- Plant Categories
- Acers & Japanese maples
- Azaleas & rhododendrons
- Bamboos & Grasses
- Bulbs Spring
- Bulbs Summer
- Jungle & exotic plants
- Other Trees
- Bark and berries
© All Rights Reserved
Please do not download our photo images from this website to use for publication or any commercial reason without our permission.
Images may not be copied, reproduced, published or distributed in any medium without the expressed written permission of the copyright holder.